cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levelup
New Contributor

Full system diagnostic / Health verification process

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if this is the right area to start this discussion, and I understand that this is a pretty general question;  But I'm hoping that someone can lend some insight or point me in the right direction:

I've got a few PoE switches that have come in over a couple of years;  Some have come back from people as faulty hardware, some from people that downsized where the hardware was no longer needed, etc...  Some of the symptoms for the switches are noted, and some are not.  I'm concerned that, even with the hardware that has its symptoms well-noted, I am going to have difficulty determining what is wrong, if anything, with the hardware.

Here's my question:  Is there any sort of full system diagnostic I can run on the Netvanta switches that can give me a full health report of the hardware?  I'd like to be able to put some of this hardware back into the field, confident that there aren't any hardware issues.

If there isn't any such diagnostic or checklist I can work from, does Adtran offer a refurbish/re-certification program for used hardware?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Full system diagnostic / Health verification process

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the Support Community.  There isn't a system diagnostic you can run, but what a lot of people do is ship the units to ADTRAN and have them in warranty repair and return them.  The RMA policy can be found on ADTRAN's website:  RMA Policy.  This way, if the unit is damaged it can be repaired, and if not, you can get a "clean bill of health" for all units. 

I hope that makes sense, but please, let me know if you have any questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Full system diagnostic / Health verification process

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the Support Community.  There isn't a system diagnostic you can run, but what a lot of people do is ship the units to ADTRAN and have them in warranty repair and return them.  The RMA policy can be found on ADTRAN's website:  RMA Policy.  This way, if the unit is damaged it can be repaired, and if not, you can get a "clean bill of health" for all units. 

I hope that makes sense, but please, let me know if you have any questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi