Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to recover password for Adtran 1224-ST

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm working for a new company, and they have a Adtran 1224-st switch,  the problem i have is that, it has been running for almost 4 years, and the person that made the installation is gone, and he didn't left any information about passwords or usernames.

so, how can i reset the password?

i can enter by hyperterminal but i cant configure anything, because i don't have the password.

my only option is to reset the password, but i don't want to reset the system because i don't want to affect the network, i just want to enter with hyperterminal. or be able to manage the switch with a web browser.

regards,

Adrian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eborisov
New Contributor II

Re: How to recover password for Adtran 1224-ST

Jump to solution

Noor,

I just couldn't believe that all my cables were null modem cables. You are correct - I needed straight-through cable. Once I found one all works.

Thank you very much for prompt and clear reply.

Sincerely,

Eugene

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Adrian,

Thank you for posting your question on the forum. You can bypass the password on all AOS devices without resetting the configuration, as long as you are able to console into the device. You will simply need to reboot the AOS device, break into bootstrap, and then issue the "bypass password" and "boot" commands. Once the AOS device boots, it will not ask for credentials to log into the unit for that session. You will be able to view the configuration and make any changes, such as reset the password, you need. The guide below outlines the steps to recover and reset the password in AOS:

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Adrian,

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

eborisov
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Noor,

We have this NetVanta 4305 lying on the shelf for years. Now, I want to bring it back to life. I know it was working device at its time. I cannot get into CLI prompt. I am following the instructiuons to connect serial cable from the above (tried six different 9-pin cables) and every time I see device booting normally but it does not react to any keystrokes on the keyboard. I have tried differnet PCs, HyperTerminal and Puttytel - every time I get the same result, I see bootstrap loading, no reaction to my keyboard like escape or enter or anything else. Below is partial output:

Router (1200890L2)
Executing bootstrap...
ram: 268435456 bytes of RAM detected.
Serial Number: LBADxxx
Bootstrap version: 08.02.00.XA, checksum: 527F, Fri Jan 21 15:51:52 2005

ADTRAN, Inc., NetVanta 4305 (1200890L2)
AOS Version: 16.04.00, Checksum 6934773F, Tue Dec 04 13:44:48 2007
Cause of reset: Warm Start
flash: initializing flash devices...
flash: 33554432 bytes of FLASH detected at 0xfe000000 - dev 0x0001007e

Any advise on what can be the problem and how to get into this device?

Thank you

Eugene

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Eugene,

You will want to confirm you are using a straight-through serial cable and not a null modem cable. Also, you can test the cable and the PC by following the instructions outlined in this thread: Re: NetVanta 1234 Serial issue

If the cable passes this test and you have verified that it is a straight-through serial cable, then you will want to open a support ticket with Adtran Technical Support. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

- Open a webticket by clicking on this link: Create a Service Request

- Open a ticket by emailing support@adtran.com

- Open a ticket by phone by calling 1-888-423-8726

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

eborisov
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Noor,

I just couldn't believe that all my cables were null modem cables. You are correct - I needed straight-through cable. Once I found one all works.

Thank you very much for prompt and clear reply.

Sincerely,

Eugene

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi