cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwps
New Contributor

Reducing the noise of Adtran switches

Jump to solution

I've installed a 1234p and the customer complains about the noise, even though its in a closed room. By the way, it is the loudest device in there

With other manufacturers devices I've replaced the fans for models that run quieter and have the same CFM rating. That usually does the trick. Does anyone know the specs of the fans so I can see if there are alternatives to them. I'm not concerned about the warranty issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reducing the noise of Adtran switches

Jump to solution

:

ADTRAN has posted a firmware enhancement for the NetVanta 1234P (second generation) that experience loud fan noise.  The firmware version is R10.3.2.HA, and is currently available on ADTRAN's website.  This modification will also be in firmware versions that are released after R10.3.2.HA as well.

Thank you for your patience, and let me know if you have any questions.

Levi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question on the forum.  The NetVanta 1234P (second generation) fans are noticeably louder than their predecessors.  It is a audible issue only, and does not affect the functionality of the unit.  ADTRAN is aware of the increased fan noise and plans to release a firmware enhancement to reduce the fan noise in the near future; however, the release date is undetermined at this time.

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

ADTRAN has posted a firmware enhancement for the NetVanta 1234P (second generation) that experience loud fan noise.  The firmware version is R10.3.2.HA, and is currently available on ADTRAN's website.  This modification will also be in firmware versions that are released after R10.3.2.HA as well.

Thank you for your patience, and let me know if you have any questions.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi