Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up a 1335 as a DHCP Server for Multiple Subnets

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to verify a current configuration in a 1335. I have 4 vlans in this 1335 10,50,192 and 200 I need the Netvanta to be a DHCP server for vlan 192 (customer data network) and 200 (voice network). Just want to make sure the DHCP scopes look correct before deployment. Ports 16-24 configured for voice the two DHCP Scopes.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting up a 1335 as a DHCP Server for Multiple Subnets

Jump to solution

jtphoneman:

Thank you for asking this question, and for attaching the configuration.  Based on the information you provided, the configuration appears to be correct.  It will act as a DHCP-server for VLANs 192 and 200 (here is the Configuring QoS in AOS document for reference).

I have a couple recommendations.  First, I would remove the command ip helper-address 192.168.200.2 from the VLAN 200 interface.  Since, you do not appear to be doing any form of UDP-relay, this command should be removed.  Second, depending on what phones you are using, you may need to disable LLDP.  If the phones do not support LLDP-MED (here is the Configuring LLDP-MED in AOS document for reference), then you should remove this functionality from the interfaces:

ROUTER-NAME(config-swx 0/x)# no lldp send-and-receive

Please, reply if you have additional questions about this topic area.

Levi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

jtphoneman:

Thank you for asking this question, and for attaching the configuration.  Based on the information you provided, the configuration appears to be correct.  It will act as a DHCP-server for VLANs 192 and 200 (here is the Configuring QoS in AOS document for reference).

I have a couple recommendations.  First, I would remove the command ip helper-address 192.168.200.2 from the VLAN 200 interface.  Since, you do not appear to be doing any form of UDP-relay, this command should be removed.  Second, depending on what phones you are using, you may need to disable LLDP.  If the phones do not support LLDP-MED (here is the Configuring LLDP-MED in AOS document for reference), then you should remove this functionality from the interfaces:

ROUTER-NAME(config-swx 0/x)# no lldp send-and-receive

Please, reply if you have additional questions about this topic area.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

jtphoneman:

I have marked this post as "assumed answered," but do not hesitate to reply to this thread if you have further questions on this topic.  I will be happy to help.

Levi