cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The newer 1238P 48 Port L3 Switch with POE 2nd Gen

Jump to solution

Most of our switches are the NetVanta 1238P, 48 Port L2 Switch with POE.  We are looking to add several  newer 1238P 48 Port L3 Switch with POE 2nd Gen.  Is configuration the same?  Should I be concerned about it not working in my existing environment?  For example, does it require our phones or Netvanta 7100 PBX firmware to be updated or anything crazy like that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The newer 1238P 48 Port L3 Switch with POE 2nd Gen

Jump to solution

I asked about this awhile ago. From what I was told the programming is all the same. It does use a newer firmware but should not affect your phones. Adtran said it's just hardware changes inside the switch. They've separated some of the POE stuff onto a separate board for easier repair. Probably needed to based on the number of POE failures I've seen in the Gen 2 switches.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I asked about this awhile ago. From what I was told the programming is all the same. It does use a newer firmware but should not affect your phones. Adtran said it's just hardware changes inside the switch. They've separated some of the POE stuff onto a separate board for easier repair. Probably needed to based on the number of POE failures I've seen in the Gen 2 switches.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here's my thread when I asked about it:

Gen3 1234P

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you.