Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majisto
New Contributor II

VPN issue with NetVanta 1224R

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a VPN running between 2 sites with a Cisco ASA 5510 at the main office and a NetVanta 1224R at the remote site. The internet service recently went down at the remote site and has been restored. However, since service was restored, the VPN will not come up and the NetVanta repeats these errors on the console:

2012.06.29 10:50:29 CRYPTO_IKE.NEGOTIATION IkeInNotifyProcess : Invalid Protocol Id 

2012.06.29 10:50:29 CRYPTO_IKE.NEGOTIATION IkeHandleInfoXChg : InNotifyProcess failed

2012.06.29 10:50:29 CRYPTO_IKE.NEGOTIATION peer XX.XXX.XXX.XX: IkeHandleInfoXChg fail  (I've masked the IP for privacy reasons)

Reboots have not resolved the errors

Does anyone know how to clear these and get the VPN up again?

Thanks,

Kris

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
majisto
New Contributor II

Re: VPN issue with NetVanta 1224R

Jump to solution

Hi Levi,

I was able to resolve this. It turned out the transform sets didn't match on the ASA and ADTRAN. I modfied the transform set on the ASA to match the ADTRAN and the VPN was working again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  When you get a chance, will you please attach a copy of the ADTRAN's configuration, as well as the debug output from the debug crypto ike command? (please remove any sensitive information to your organization)

Also, for your reference here is a configuration and troubleshooting guide:  Configuring a VPN using Main Mode in AOS

Levi

majisto
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Hi Levi,

I was able to resolve this. It turned out the transform sets didn't match on the ASA and ADTRAN. I modfied the transform set on the ASA to match the ADTRAN and the VPN was working again.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi