cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richmond
New Contributor II

snmp set command for netvanta 1234

Jump to solution

I am trying to find out what the oid would be to turn on and off poe on a port on a netvanta 1234 24 port poe switch. Does anyone have the snmp file for these switchs I can't seem to find it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richmond
New Contributor II

Re: snmp set command for netvanta 1234

Jump to solution

After doing a series of mib walks I was able to find that this oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.X where x equals the switchport can indeed be set via an snmp set command. an integer value of one is enables and an integer value of 2 is disabled. If the port is disabled the PoE portion seems to be also disabled and no power is outputted. I guess I answer my own question. Hope this info helps anyone else interested.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Currently, ADTRAN does not have an SNMP MIB or OID for power over Ethernet.  The complete list of MIBs and OIDs can be found in the Configuring SNMP in AOS guide.

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

richmond
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Is there a snmp mib for enabling or disabling  the physical interface and if so would that cause poe if set to auto to be disabled?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Shutting down and enabling ports is typically not something that is done via SNMP.  This is usually done by something such as n-Command MSP, or via a program script that issues the proper commands via Telnet or SSH.  With that said, it may be possible to disable and enable a port with an SNMP NMS, but there would be no configuration necessary on the ADTRAN unit.

Is there any additional information you can provide about what you are trying to achieve, as there may be additional ways to accomplish this without using SNMP.

Levi

richmond
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I have a device connected to the port. I turn the poe portion on and off to power the device on and off. I do it currently with a telnet script, but for some reason the adtran responds slowly or inconsistently and the script hangs. I was hoping to use an snmp set command instead figuring it would be less overhead on the switch. If disabling the port disabled the poe then that would be fine, since there is no snmp oid for the poe portion of the script.

richmond
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

After doing a series of mib walks I was able to find that this oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.X where x equals the switchport can indeed be set via an snmp set command. an integer value of one is enables and an integer value of 2 is disabled. If the port is disabled the PoE portion seems to be also disabled and no power is outputted. I guess I answer my own question. Hope this info helps anyone else interested.