Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niatechnique
New Contributor

Can't assign IP to port forward

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a NetVanta 1335 PoE for our small office building which is connected to computers, printers and IP phones.

We changed ISP and now I can't assign the new static IP address. As soon as I click on apply, the internet goes down. The modem is set up as bridge, DHCP is off.

Also when I edited the port forwarding, I enter an IP address and as soon as I click ok the IP address changes, i.e. I enter 96.89.100.173 (our static IP address), click on apply and changes to 96.89.100.172.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't assign IP to port forward

Jump to solution

The issue was that the network mask for my public IP is 255.255.255.252, for some reason the NetVanta wasn't taking that correctly, changing the IP address to an incorrect one. The solution (suggested by noor via email) was to use 255.255.255.255 instead as mask, that did the trick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Richard.

It appears you have opened a ticket with Adtran Tech Support. If you get the time, please reply to this thread with the resolution once you have one so that other users may benefit from the information.

Thanks,

Noor

Jump to solution

The issue was that the network mask for my public IP is 255.255.255.252, for some reason the NetVanta wasn't taking that correctly, changing the IP address to an incorrect one. The solution (suggested by noor via email) was to use 255.255.255.255 instead as mask, that did the trick.

0 Kudos