cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

DNS Workstation hostname resolution: 1335

Jump to solution

I noticed the other day when I setup the DHCP server on a 1335, once a client acquired an IP, the Hostname of the workstation was resolved. Is there a way, within the 1335 AOS to resolve hostnames of connected workstations with DNS?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DNS Workstation hostname resolution: 1335

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I'm not positive I follow your question.  Are you asking if the ADTRAN unit is not configured as the DHCP server, is there a way to determine what the hostnames are for devices in the ARP table?

Currently, in AOS, the only way to determine the hostname of a device is if that device is a DHCP client and the AOS device is the DHCP server.

If that is not your question, please do not hesitate to reply with any additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I'm not positive I follow your question.  Are you asking if the ADTRAN unit is not configured as the DHCP server, is there a way to determine what the hostnames are for devices in the ARP table?

Currently, in AOS, the only way to determine the hostname of a device is if that device is a DHCP client and the AOS device is the DHCP server.

If that is not your question, please do not hesitate to reply with any additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, I noticed that once the AOS device was setup as the DHCP host, the DHCP clients hostnames were resolved.

Is there way to resolved the hostname while the AOS device is not the DHCP host?

Looks like this is a no.

Thank you for your help and sorry for any confusion,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi