cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dual T1 mod

Jump to solution

When cross connecting the second T1 within the fr 1 interface, is there another commnad that needs to be enter simular to ppp multilink?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dual T1 mod

Jump to solution

@cburgamy - Before adding a second cross-connect to the frame-relay interface, you will need to enable multilink on the interface. This can be done in the CLI as shown with the following example:

router(config)# interface fr 1

router(config-fr 1)# frame-relay multilink

This can also be done in the web interface, by navigating to "Physical Interfaces" and the selecting the T1 interface that is already cross-connected to the frame-relay interface. Once on that configuration page, you will see an option under 'Encapsulation' to check the box to enable multilink frame-relay.

More information regarding how to configure and troubleshoot frame-relay can be found in the following guide: Configuring Frame Relay in AOS

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@cburgamy - Before adding a second cross-connect to the frame-relay interface, you will need to enable multilink on the interface. This can be done in the CLI as shown with the following example:

router(config)# interface fr 1

router(config-fr 1)# frame-relay multilink

This can also be done in the web interface, by navigating to "Physical Interfaces" and the selecting the T1 interface that is already cross-connected to the frame-relay interface. Once on that configuration page, you will see an option under 'Encapsulation' to check the box to enable multilink frame-relay.

More information regarding how to configure and troubleshoot frame-relay can be found in the following guide: Configuring Frame Relay in AOS

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I knew I was missing something,

thanks,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Chris - I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor