cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firmware version 18.03 to R10-9-0-E.biz

Installed R10-9-0-E on 90% of our devices and now we are unable to scan our network to pull device IP information for devices that are supported by a Windows DHCP server. Is there any reason to why this may have occured?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Firmware version 18.03 to R10-9-0-E.biz

- I'm not sure why you may have run into that issue. Which network scanner are you using? What information is the scanner supposed to pull and what is it actually pulling since you've upgraded?

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

We currently use a free tool from Rradmin, Advanced IP scanner. This tool is quite helpful when dealing with DHCP issues or verify IP addresses that are in use. After the firmware upgrade, we are only receiving static ip address in the result field, nothing dhcp related. Which is a little strange.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

- Have you tried to do a packet capture? It may be a good idea to get one with older code and one with newer code and compare. I would want to verify that the clients are receiving the request from the scanner and are responding.

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try to obtain a pcap for you. This will take some time to acquire. I would be more willing to downgrade or identify a later version of software than to attempt capture packets. We have also ran into a lot locations having issues with DHCP and with our clients not being able to receive DHCP addresses. We need a solution now.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

- At the time of this post, I would say to upgrade to R10.9.4 to get to the best maintenance release for your device.

Would you be able to post the DHCP debug from your AOS device of the failed attempt at obtaining an IP via DHCP?

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor