cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
truitt
New Contributor

GUI Password

Jump to solution

I have the CLI and enable passwords.  I do not know the GUI user and password and cannot find where to set them under the CLI interface.  Can someone share the command line to set the GUI user and password?

Thank youwor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GUI Password

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  The guide Accessing the Web Interface in AOS or the video Accessing the Web Interface in AOS will walk you through the process of enabling the web graphical user interface (GUI).

If the GUI is already enabled, and you only need to add or change a username and password then the command is as follows:

(config)# username <USERNAME> password <PASSWORD>

For example, the following command would create a username of "ADMIN" and password of "ADTRAN" (the username and password are case sensitive😞

(config)# username ADMIN password ADTRAN

In the web interface (GUI) navigate to the following:  System > Passwords > Under the "Login Configuration" section enter the "Username" and "Password" > Press the "Add" button

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  The guide Accessing the Web Interface in AOS or the video Accessing the Web Interface in AOS will walk you through the process of enabling the web graphical user interface (GUI).

If the GUI is already enabled, and you only need to add or change a username and password then the command is as follows:

(config)# username <USERNAME> password <PASSWORD>

For example, the following command would create a username of "ADMIN" and password of "ADTRAN" (the username and password are case sensitive😞

(config)# username ADMIN password ADTRAN

In the web interface (GUI) navigate to the following:  System > Passwords > Under the "Login Configuration" section enter the "Username" and "Password" > Press the "Add" button

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
truitt
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for replying so quickly with the answer.  I did not see how it knew the difference between the CLI and GUI user and password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi