cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NAT and Private zones

Hello All. I have a subnet on my 1335 that needs to talk over a private circuit to another site. I got static routes to get to that site; however, he provider is NATing my subnet on their end through that private link. Turns out that I also need my subnet to reach the internet for everything else, yet when I assign my subnet to the Public Zone, I get to the internet but I can no longer reach the other site via the private circuit.

Can I still nat for internet access and have communication with the other site over the private link? Or is the fact that I'm NATing to get to the Internet, the reason the private link denies me? Is it that once I'm part of the public zone, the private circuit provider no longer sees my private address?

Thanks for the help

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT and Private zones

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  From what I understand from your description, it sounds like you may be able to make this work by changing the order of the statements in the ADTRAN's firewall.  When you get a chance, will you reply with a copy of the ADTRAN's current configuration (please, remember to remove any information that may be sensitive to the organization), as well as a diagram or more detailed explanation of the application?

Please, do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT and Private zones

- Do you need any further assistance regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT and  Private zones

I'm ok. Thanks Noor!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT and  Private zones

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.

Thanks,

Noor