cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js_atc
New Contributor

Netvanta 1335 as router/firewall

Jump to solution

I'm thinking to pick up a 1335, but I have a couple of questions before I do.

Looking at the available NIMs, it looks like they are all for T1/E1 connections. If I wanted to use a standard connection from an ISP modem, do I need an additional module, or will I simply be able to use one of the switch ports, in a separate VLAN, as the public interface? Also, as in all Adtran devices, I'm sure it suppors L2L VPN connections. Does anybody know how many simultaneous connections it supports?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-J

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Netvanta 1335 as router/firewall

Jump to solution

js_atc wrote:

Looking at the available NIMs, it looks like they are all for T1/E1 connections. If I wanted to use a standard connection from an ISP modem, do I need an additional module, or will I simply be able to use one of the switch ports, in a separate VLAN, as the public interface?

That's exactly how you do it for an Ethernet-based WAN interface.  You can have multiple security zones (policy classes) for public, DMZ, internal, voice, guest, etc. by VLAN.  Each physical port can be assigned a zone/VLAN or be configured as an 802.1q trunk with multiple VLANs to another switch or an IP phone, etc.

Also, as in all Adtran devices, I'm sure it suppors L2L VPN connections. Does anybody know how many simultaneous connections it supports?

According to the datasheet at http://www.adtran.com/pub/Library/Data_Sheets/Default_Public/61700515E2-8_NV1335.pdf it supports 100 IPSec tunnels.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Netvanta 1335 as router/firewall

Jump to solution

js_atc wrote:

Looking at the available NIMs, it looks like they are all for T1/E1 connections. If I wanted to use a standard connection from an ISP modem, do I need an additional module, or will I simply be able to use one of the switch ports, in a separate VLAN, as the public interface?

That's exactly how you do it for an Ethernet-based WAN interface.  You can have multiple security zones (policy classes) for public, DMZ, internal, voice, guest, etc. by VLAN.  Each physical port can be assigned a zone/VLAN or be configured as an 802.1q trunk with multiple VLANs to another switch or an IP phone, etc.

Also, as in all Adtran devices, I'm sure it suppors L2L VPN connections. Does anybody know how many simultaneous connections it supports?

According to the datasheet at http://www.adtran.com/pub/Library/Data_Sheets/Default_Public/61700515E2-8_NV1335.pdf it supports 100 IPSec tunnels.

0 Kudos