Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
getzjd
New Contributor II

Port Security For device plugged into phone

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to enable basic port security that permits a phone but denies anything else either plugged into the passthrough on the phone or direct to the wall.  The configuration below successfully blocks a device plugged directly into the wall jack in place of the phone, however, if I plug a device into the passthrough on the phone, it is allowed on.  Our phones first boot off of VLAN1, then switch to VLAN 30.  What did I miss?

interface switchport 0/21

spanning-tree edgeport

no shutdown

switchport mode trunk

switchport voice vlan 30

qos trust cos

switchport port-security

switchport port-security maximum 2

switchport port-security mac-address 00:10:49:0e:4c:c5 vlan 1

switchport port-security mac-address 00:10:49:0e:4c:c5 vlan 30

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Port Security For device plugged into phone

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  If the PC is restricted access when plugged directly into the wall/switch, then the switch is configured properly.  It is possible that the phone could be manipulating the traffic from the PC, such as assigning it a VLAN. 

Will you reply and attach the current configuration (make sure to remove any sensitive information to the organization)?  What firmware version is on the switch?  Is VLAN 1 the native/untagged VLAN on both the switch and phone?

For additional reference, here is our Configuring Port Access Control in AOS document (there is an example of your application).

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  If the PC is restricted access when plugged directly into the wall/switch, then the switch is configured properly.  It is possible that the phone could be manipulating the traffic from the PC, such as assigning it a VLAN. 

Will you reply and attach the current configuration (make sure to remove any sensitive information to the organization)?  What firmware version is on the switch?  Is VLAN 1 the native/untagged VLAN on both the switch and phone?

For additional reference, here is our Configuring Port Access Control in AOS document (there is an example of your application).

Levi

0 Kudos
getzjd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Here is the config.  Let me know what I missed.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

z:

Unfortunately, I don't think the configuration you attached is current, as it does not have the port security configuration.  Also, if the unit is on the firmware version 17.06.01.00.E (as indicated in the configuration you attached) then I would recommend upgrading to the current version (R10.3.0.E) before you re-send the current configuration.

Here is how to upgrade firmware in AOS.

Levi

getzjd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Sorry, here is the correct file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the configuration.  I do not see anything missing in the configuration.  I used this configuration on the current version of firmware (AOS R10.3.0) with an ADTRAN IP phone and it blocked the PC when it was plugged in directly, as well as through the IP phone.

Is it possible to try this again on current firmware or with a different phone?

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

getzjd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I tested the configuration just today on the newest firmware and it is functioning correctly.  thank you