cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

set ip next-hop verify-availability

Jump to solution

Is there an Adtran equivalent to set ip next-hop verify-availability?  I would like to use a tracker to track the availability of a next hop in a route map, i did not see the command available.  thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: set ip next-hop verify-availability

Jump to solution

:

After your brief description of the application, I believe network monitor may be the feature you are looking for (in conjunction with the information I provided in my previous post).  The Configuring Network Monitor in AOS guide has an example of an application very similar to the one you have described, starting on page 43.

Please, let me know what questions you have.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Are you asking about the set ip next-hop in a route-map?  Here is an excerpt from the Configuring Policy Based Routing in AOS guide starting on page 14:

When a router uses typical routing, it can learn more than one route to a destination, which means that it can immediately begin using a backup route if a connection fails. You can also configure backup routes for PBR. Simply specify more than one set command or more than one next-hop address or forwarding interface in a single set command.

For example, you can specify multiple next-hop addresses with the following set command:

(config-route-map)#set ip next-hop 10.1.1.1 10.2.2.1

The router first attempts to forward a selected packet to the first address or interface specified. It then tries the second, and so forth.

If multiple routes are specified with set commands, the router processes them in the following order: next-hop, interface, default next-hop, and default interface. This is the order in which they are displayed when viewing the running configuration of a unit. The router first attempts to route a packet to an adjacent neighbor. If the router does not know how to reach that neighbor or if the forwarding interface for the route to that neighbor is down, the router attempts to route the packet to any secondary specified next-hop address. The router then attempts to route the packet through a specified interface and so forth. If multiple addresses/interfaces are specified for a given route, the first available address/interface will be used. The set commands next-hop and default next-hop require the route to be directly connected.

Please, let me know if you have any additional specific questions, or additional information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Levi, yes this is regarding setting the next hop via a route map.  In cisco  you can track the next hop via ip sla, using the next-hop verify availability command in a route map.  We are PBRing traffic from RTR1 to RTR2 then RTR2 sends the traffic out a cable modem  into the internet.  This cable modem is a directly connected route so often the interface will be up/up and the route is still there but often the provider will have a network issue etc and there will be no connectivity but the PBR is still sending traffic out because the next hop is technically still up. On our cisco's(RTR1) we are tracking the far side of a VPN tunnel that goes over the cable modem of RTR2 to determine if the next hop should be used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

After your brief description of the application, I believe network monitor may be the feature you are looking for (in conjunction with the information I provided in my previous post).  The Configuring Network Monitor in AOS guide has an example of an application very similar to the one you have described, starting on page 43.

Please, let me know what questions you have.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor