Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign an ext. name

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Can you assign an extension name (or description) to each ActivReach port ?

Thanks M.A.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Assign an ext. name

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Let me know if I do not understand your question properly, but I believe you are referring to the description command.  For example if I wanted to add a line of text (description) to gigabit-switchport 0/1 that read "CONNECTS TO OFFICE 1," I would enter the following commands:

> enable

<enter password if prompted>

# configure terminal

(config)# interface gigabit-switchport 0/1

(config-giga-swx 0/1)# description CONNECTS TO OFFICE 1

The configuration would look similar to the following:

interface gigabit-switchport 0/1

description CONNECTS TO OFFICE 1

no shutdown

Furthermore, this can be achieved in the web interface by navigating to the following:  Data > Ports > giga-swx 0/1 > Port Description:

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Let me know if I do not understand your question properly, but I believe you are referring to the description command.  For example if I wanted to add a line of text (description) to gigabit-switchport 0/1 that read "CONNECTS TO OFFICE 1," I would enter the following commands:

> enable

<enter password if prompted>

# configure terminal

(config)# interface gigabit-switchport 0/1

(config-giga-swx 0/1)# description CONNECTS TO OFFICE 1

The configuration would look similar to the following:

interface gigabit-switchport 0/1

description CONNECTS TO OFFICE 1

no shutdown

Furthermore, this can be achieved in the web interface by navigating to the following:  Data > Ports > giga-swx 0/1 > Port Description:

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Levi:

You can close it.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just wanted to jump in and add to this post that ADTRAN has now released an ActivReach Configuration and Troubleshooting guide called for any customers who may be looking at this thread for ActivReach information. Check it out!

Thanks,

-Evan