cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darra268
New Contributor II

Bridged switch aggregation

Jump to solution

We are planning to stack 4 Adtran 1638's. We have been asked if we can create aggregated uplinks across the bridged switches.. ie port 1 of switch 1 and port 1 of switch 2 as one aggregated uplink. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bridged switch aggregation

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I'm not certain, but based on your description, I believe you are inquiring about link aggregation with the Activchassis feature.  The Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) in AOS guide should answer your question:

A Port Channel may not be divided between switches; all ports of a Port Channel must physically reside on the same switch (unless in ActivChassis mode).

I hope that makes sense, or is related to your question, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bridged switch aggregation

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I'm not certain, but based on your description, I believe you are inquiring about link aggregation with the Activchassis feature.  The Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) in AOS guide should answer your question:

A Port Channel may not be divided between switches; all ports of a Port Channel must physically reside on the same switch (unless in ActivChassis mode).

I hope that makes sense, or is related to your question, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos