cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvutech
New Contributor II

Can't access switch

Jump to solution

I accidentally uploaded a firmware update as a config file and ran it. Now I can't access the switch via console. Did I just kill this switch?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't access switch

Jump to solution

The solution is going to be the same as your other topic with backup config. You must have serial access to the switch. There should be a small window (5 sec) on bootup where you can press ESC key and be put into the bootstrap where you can delete the "firmware" files and upload new ones. Note, firmware files are .biz files on the AOS switches.

Page 22 of the below config guide will assist you on using bootstrap.

https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/General/Upgrading-Firmware-in-AOS/ta-p/27008

View solution in original post

mvutech
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Using the directions here, I was able to clear the flash, upload via tftp and install the AOS. Thanks for the assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution

no answer???

I don't think so. The update version may hide it in somewhere. Try to find it again

bubble shooter

Jump to solution

Can you confirm which switch you have?

mvutech
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

NetVanta 1550-48P

Jump to solution

The solution is going to be the same as your other topic with backup config. You must have serial access to the switch. There should be a small window (5 sec) on bootup where you can press ESC key and be put into the bootstrap where you can delete the "firmware" files and upload new ones. Note, firmware files are .biz files on the AOS switches.

Page 22 of the below config guide will assist you on using bootstrap.

https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/General/Upgrading-Firmware-in-AOS/ta-p/27008

mvutech
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Using the directions here, I was able to clear the flash, upload via tftp and install the AOS. Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos