cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salvo_
New Contributor

High CPU Usage on a 1550-P

I am getting high CPU usage on my 1550-P, I have three VLAN's on this switch and the switch is providing DHCP. I have a hardware ACL on VLAN 10. I noticed the issue when i was pinging the switch interface itself  192.168.1.2, my router is a 4140 at address 192.168.1.1. if  I ping 192.168.1.2, the ping times seem to be higher than normal 38ms up to 68 and they are erratic. if i ping 192.168.1.1 or other devices its 1ms. The config is attached if any one has any ideas it would be appreciated. adtran-support

CPU.JPG

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: High CPU Usage on a 1550-P

Surprisingly, the word "idle" means that the CPU is idle.

It's only busy when it isn't idle, so the actual CPU load is 100% - 71.64% or 28.36%.

Pinging TO a switch is a very low priority process compared to pinging THROUGH a switch. Network equipment is optimized to pass traffic through the device and not to terminate traffic. It sounds to me as if it's working properly.

salvo_
New Contributor

Jayh, After looking at that again and you pointing that out idle means idle, my eyes were so drawn to the 71.64% i never considered it that way thank you for clarifying and for looking at my config.

jagnes
New Contributor

We have a 1550 non-poe that is experiencing high cpu utilization. It appears the K-Call process is using most of it. This switch has 6 vlans (in addition to default) and is trunked to another 1550 non-poe that is not showing high CPU

Screenshot attached