cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to set/ignore the Don't Fragment bit

Jump to solution

Is it possible to set/ignore the Don't Fragment bit on traffic going into or out of a Adtran 1638p switch?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to set/ignore the Don't Fragment bit

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Unfortunately, the NetVanta 1638P unit does not support the ability to modify the "Don't Fragment" bit.

Other ADTRAN products that support Policy-based Routing (PBR) have the ability to modify the "Don't Fragment" bit.  To understand which units support PBR, please reference the AOS Feature Matrix.  Also, the Configuring Policy Based Routing in AOS document explains how to configure this with the set ip df command.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Unfortunately, the NetVanta 1638P unit does not support the ability to modify the "Don't Fragment" bit.

Other ADTRAN products that support Policy-based Routing (PBR) have the ability to modify the "Don't Fragment" bit.  To understand which units support PBR, please reference the AOS Feature Matrix.  Also, the Configuring Policy Based Routing in AOS document explains how to configure this with the set ip df command.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi