cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No "qos map <name>" ability in R10.9 on 1544?

Jump to solution

Perhaps I'm being obtuse, but...I just upgraded a 1544 in our lab to R10.9.4 and attempted to configure a vlan with a qos map only to find "qos map <name> <iteration>" isn't available. Is there any ability to configure a qos map on a 1544, or should I not have expected any, being that this is a Layer 3 switch? This works just fine on 1335 switches, which is what we have around the enterprise.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

-Chris

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No "qos map <name>" ability in R10.9 on 1544?

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Unfortunately the 1544, at the time of this post, does not support QoS. The 1335 is different in that, although it has some layer 3 switching capability, it also can act as a router. You do, however, have the ability to do CoS configuration on the 1544 if needed.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Unfortunately the 1544, at the time of this post, does not support QoS. The 1335 is different in that, although it has some layer 3 switching capability, it also can act as a router. You do, however, have the ability to do CoS configuration on the 1544 if needed.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Chris:

If your traffic shaping approach includes DSCP tagging, you might find it useful to perform Layer 2 CoS based upon Layer 3 DSCP tags.  I believe all ADTRAN switch products can perform this task, and it can be beneficial to combine this function in your 1335s to cover Layer 2 interfaces along with the Layer 3 traffic shaping (qos maps) you have in place.  Check out the application guide for more info.  The thread contains great info and examples too.

Best,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

furballexpress:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi