cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade 1638P to R10.8.0

Jump to solution

We have four 1638P switches and I would like to get them upgraded to R10.8.0.  All four switches are running OS 18.02.05.00.  Three switches are running Boot ROM 18.02.01.00 and a fourth is running 18.02.01.SC

What is the procedure to get these upgraded?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade 1638P to R10.8.0

Jump to solution

Robert:

At the time of this post, you have to obtain the Boot ROM files from ADTRAN Technical Support.  When you obtain a Boot ROM file from them, you can follow the instructions in the Performing a Boot ROM Upgrade on an AOS Unit guide.

Let me know if you have any questions about this process. 

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Robert:

Thank you for asking this question in the Support Community.  Some ADTRAN Operation System (AOS) products require the boot ROM to be a minimum revision to run the latest firmware.  The minimum boot ROM requirements are listed in the firmware release notes, which can be obtained from ADTRAN’s website.  For the NetVanta 1638P to run firmware version R10.8.0, it needs a minimum Boot ROM of 18.02.01.SC, which in your case, two unit do not have.  Therefore, I suggest you open a Technical Support Ticket with ADTRAN to assist you with the Boot ROM upgrade.

You can create a ticket in several ways:

- Over the phone by calling 888-423-8726

- Emailing support@adtran.com

- Opening a webticket on the ADTRAN website

For the unit that already has the minimum required boot code, you can upgrade the firmware without any problems.  Here is How to Upgrade Firmware in AOS.

I hope that makes sense, but please to not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm aware of the boot ROM requirements.  That's why I started the post here.  I was hoping to get the info on how to upgrade the boot ROM through this forum community.  Instead, I will create a support ticket in the future when we're ready to actually upgrade.  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Robert:

At the time of this post, you have to obtain the Boot ROM files from ADTRAN Technical Support.  When you obtain a Boot ROM file from them, you can follow the instructions in the Performing a Boot ROM Upgrade on an AOS Unit guide.

Let me know if you have any questions about this process. 

Levi

0 Kudos