cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coriumintl
New Contributor III

vlan routing trouble

Jump to solution

Attached is a config of my remote office head switch.

I recently added a Vlan and configured the UDP helper for DHCP, but i'm having trouble getting the DHCP response back from the server to the client making the request. I see the DHCP lease being reserved on my server.

Also if i configure my client with a static IP, i can't ping the Gateway (192.168.33.253), however from my DHCP server (192.168.5.1) i can ping the 192.168.33.253 gateway. Also Domain authentication failes with a static IP on the .33 subnet.

Any suggestions on changes i need to make to this configuration?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coriumintl
New Contributor III

Re: vlan routing trouble

Jump to solution

Turns out my ARP table was maxed out on the 1534, we now have a 1544 on order that should correct this all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Does VLAN 33 exist on the switch?  Try the command show vlan .  If it isn't there, you'll need to touch it in config mode to create it.  It sounds crazy but you can have a VLAN interface without the underlying VLAN which obviously doesn't work.

config t

vlan 33

exit

wr mem

Alternatively try from a switch port as an access port on VLAN 33.

config t

interface gigabit-switchport 0/7

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 33

coriumintl
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

show vlan lists 33 alright.

giga-swx 0/1 and 0/2 are where my ESXI host is plugged in. both ports are trunk mode and my DHCP server lives on a VM there which is on a softswitch tagged as vlan1. the first machine i'm trying to get work is also a VM but on a different softswitch tagged as vlan 33. I have also tried a physical machine on a second switch which also shows vlan 33 on the console but exhibits the same behaviour.

for some reason the traffic doesn't get back to vlan 33 from vlan 1, but traffic from vlan 33 makes it to vlan 1.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Do the devices on VLAN 1 have 192.169.5.253 as their default gateway?  If not, does the gateway on that VLAN have a route to 192.168.33.0/24 via 192.168.5.253 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi

coriumintl
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

My question isn't answered, though we are employing an Adtran Certified consultant to get us sorted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Would you like to reply to this post with any additional information (from your last post on 10/25/13) as to the current status, and what you need assistance on?

Levi

coriumintl
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Due to this being the core switch, we are unable to cut back and forth for testing. Therefore we elected to bring in a professional. I'm planning to share back adjustments made to get this live and working.

coriumintl
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Turns out my ARP table was maxed out on the 1534, we now have a 1544 on order that should correct this all.

0 Kudos