cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Bandwidth Limiting per port

Jump to solution

I was told by a sales associate (he said he confirmed it with a support tech) that limiting the bandwidth per port was possible with the Adtran 1560. I cannot seem to figure out how, the command reference is no help, and I cannot seem to find a example anywhere. Does anyone have a example on how to accomplish that? I need to limit the bandwidth on a port to 100MB, how is that done? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Re: Bandwidth Limiting per port

Jump to solution

Somewhat to a degree, sorry I didn't post the update.

I ended up using - 

qos policer 600 mbps

for the ingress and

qos shaper 110 mbps rate-type data

for the egress.

I have no idea why egress has to be 600 to achieve 100mb, and egress had to 110.

If I set the ingress to 100 a speed test only gave me about 8, and egress at 100 would only be about 80, so after I kept changing the values I finally at 600 was able to get ingress to be 100 on the speed test when I set the value to 600, if I took out the value it ran full speed. 

It works, I just have no idea why I had to put the values as they are for speed test to show 100 up and down.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
beggstc
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I'm not 100% sure this works for the 1560 but try something like the following:

shaper "AHB_IN" 1/0
rate 21000
per interface gigabit-ethernet 1/0/8
no shutdown
!
!
shaper "AHB_OUT" 1/0
rate 21000
per interface gigabit-ethernet 1/0/1
no shutdown

kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I think that may be for the AOS, but it did lead me in the correct direction and I may of found it under the "qos shaper" commands, I was looking for something that says rate limiting, did not think of looking for commands that are for the shaper. I am testing it out now and if it works I will update my post.

Jump to solution

Did this fix work for you?

kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Somewhat to a degree, sorry I didn't post the update.

I ended up using - 

qos policer 600 mbps

for the ingress and

qos shaper 110 mbps rate-type data

for the egress.

I have no idea why egress has to be 600 to achieve 100mb, and egress had to 110.

If I set the ingress to 100 a speed test only gave me about 8, and egress at 100 would only be about 80, so after I kept changing the values I finally at 600 was able to get ingress to be 100 on the speed test when I set the value to 600, if I took out the value it ran full speed. 

It works, I just have no idea why I had to put the values as they are for speed test to show 100 up and down.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Are there plans to get the qos policer and qos shaper commands (under each physical interface) to be more accurate at some point? I figured eventually a software update would correct this issue but it doesn’t seem to have happened yet.

Jump to solution

Was this with the latest firmware release, version 4.4-47?

Jump to solution

I just realized the 1560s I was testing from had older FW while our 1560s that had the latest FW did not have any policers or shapers in place.

My initial testing with the latest FW does appear to be much better than before. However, I am only able to test at lower speeds due to where my location is. When I get a chance, I will bring it to another office to test at much higher bandwidth.  

Thank you!