cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Bandwidth Limiting per port

Jump to solution

I was told by a sales associate (he said he confirmed it with a support tech) that limiting the bandwidth per port was possible with the Adtran 1560. I cannot seem to figure out how, the command reference is no help, and I cannot seem to find a example anywhere. Does anyone have a example on how to accomplish that? I need to limit the bandwidth on a port to 100MB, how is that done? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Re: Bandwidth Limiting per port

Jump to solution

Somewhat to a degree, sorry I didn't post the update.

I ended up using - 

qos policer 600 mbps

for the ingress and

qos shaper 110 mbps rate-type data

for the egress.

I have no idea why egress has to be 600 to achieve 100mb, and egress had to 110.

If I set the ingress to 100 a speed test only gave me about 8, and egress at 100 would only be about 80, so after I kept changing the values I finally at 600 was able to get ingress to be 100 on the speed test when I set the value to 600, if I took out the value it ran full speed. 

It works, I just have no idea why I had to put the values as they are for speed test to show 100 up and down.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
beggstc
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I'm not 100% sure this works for the 1560 but try something like the following:

shaper "AHB_IN" 1/0
rate 21000
per interface gigabit-ethernet 1/0/8
no shutdown
!
!
shaper "AHB_OUT" 1/0
rate 21000
per interface gigabit-ethernet 1/0/1
no shutdown

kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I think that may be for the AOS, but it did lead me in the correct direction and I may of found it under the "qos shaper" commands, I was looking for something that says rate limiting, did not think of looking for commands that are for the shaper. I am testing it out now and if it works I will update my post.

Jump to solution

Did this fix work for you?

kb9mfd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Somewhat to a degree, sorry I didn't post the update.

I ended up using - 

qos policer 600 mbps

for the ingress and

qos shaper 110 mbps rate-type data

for the egress.

I have no idea why egress has to be 600 to achieve 100mb, and egress had to 110.

If I set the ingress to 100 a speed test only gave me about 8, and egress at 100 would only be about 80, so after I kept changing the values I finally at 600 was able to get ingress to be 100 on the speed test when I set the value to 600, if I took out the value it ran full speed. 

It works, I just have no idea why I had to put the values as they are for speed test to show 100 up and down.

0 Kudos