cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyanox
New Contributor

3120 wont boot after firmware update

I acquired a 3120 that had it's firmware erased and i need help to get it to boot back up.

I've gotten it into bootloader mode, and i can TFTP firmware and config files to it, but for the life of me none of the files on Adtran's site will boot.
This is a 3120 with Bootloader 14.04.00 on it.  

Does anyone have any advice or maybe a link to older firmware not listed on Adtran's site that would assist in getting the device to load up?
I believe at one point this device was on AOS 17.x

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
kyanox
New Contributor

Re: 3120 wont boot after firmware update

Does anyone have AOS 17.x available for this device.  I've tried engaging ADTRAN support  but they keep referring me back here and can't seem to send me either later boot code that would make my device compatible with firmware posted or send me 17.x firmware that i know the device works with (it was on it previous per the customer).  Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris,

Go to this URL and click the link at the bottom to show Archived Releases.  AOS software version R12.2.0.SA will install and boot with your boot code version 14.04.00.  For later versions you will need to use a different boot code as advised in the software download page.  Don't forget to set and verify the newly uploaded software version to load at boot time, while in bootstrap mode:

boot system flash NV3120A-R12-2-0-SA-E.biz verify

--

Kind regards,

Mick

kyanox
New Contributor

Here is an added symptom.  The router seems to reboot when I try to bring up eth1, or it locks up.  Almost like the problem is somehow eth1.  It worked fine before the flash?  I don't get it?  Bad flash maybe? 

Hi kyanox, there was an update on the Netvanta TLS certificate in a previous version which upon rebooting with it would stall for a while until the new certificate key was generated.  From what I recall a single reboot fixed this on my units.  This should not cause the lock ups you describe, but I am mentioning it just in case.  It may worth starting with an older AOS firmware version, pre-R11.7.0, see if that boots OK and you can access the router's https GUI, then continue updating to later versions.

Hope this helps,

--

Kind regards,

Mick

kyanox
New Contributor

Mick,

Thank you I'll try that.  Do you happen to have 17.01, i couldn't find it on the Adtran site.  The router seemed to work with it, however my backup i made corrupted.  I haven't been able to get an engineer at adtran without paying 85 for a support credit which if I'm going to do that I'll also ask for the latest boot code for this device. with

I left it over night with the oldest on the website which is 11.10.0.  I would even take a pre-R11.7.0 if you have it available or can help find it.  Any help reviving this router would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

Hi Kyanox, I do not keep copies of old firmware.  You can try downloading any of the R11.10.x versions and booting with those.  If the problems persist with different firmware it may be that the unit has a corrupted boot code, or a hardware fault - e.g. the flash drive may be faulty.  At that stage you will be better off asking Adtran Product Support for a repair.

--

Kind regards,

Mick