cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mblack77
New Contributor

Cannot connect Via Telnet or SSH?

Jump to solution

First time using the 3140.  908's connect and work fine from Gui but this one wants to telnet/SSH connect and I'm not getting in.  Using Putty.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot connect Via Telnet or SSH?

Jump to solution

Are you getting a login prompt but authentication fails, or no login prompt, or connection refused?

What does the last few lines of your configuration look like beginning with "line telnet 0 4"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Are you getting a login prompt but authentication fails, or no login prompt, or connection refused?

What does the last few lines of your configuration look like beginning with "line telnet 0 4"

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have a very similar situation, have a 3140, we've used them before, and have always run into this, which is unite runs and performs nicely.  We can use web console, or serial console, but the ssh-server.  We never get that running.

line ssh 0 4

login local-userlist

no shutdown

But can't connect to giga 0/1, which is the LAN port for us, in this case 10.4.0.212.  When you look at the web interface, and the config file, both state the ssh-server is on.  What am I missing?  Do I need to assign it to giga 0/1 or port forward it to that port?

I'm not quite sure what "line" refers to;

Thank you for any help or direction you can give.