cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add SRV records to DNS on a Netvanta 3120?

Jump to solution

Is is possible to make entries SRV into the DNS tables in a NetVanta 3120. I need to add an entry

_ldap._tcp.domain.com 1.2.3.4 ?

If so, what is the command to add then entry?

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to add SRV records to DNS on a Netvanta 3120?

Jump to solution

Michael,

I'm sorry I misunderstood the question before.  Our routers do not support static SRV entries.  However if the entry is located somewhere else, we can populate our table with it if you query that DNS server for the SRV record.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You definitely can Michael!  To do this, you would need to set up domain-proxy inside the router.  This allows the router to respond to DNS requests.   You would reconfigure all of the hosts in your network to use the inside IP of your router as their DNS server.

Then, on the router you will add these commands:

ip domain-proxy

ip host _ldap._tcp.domain.com 1.2.3.4

Always, you can configure more extries with that IP host command as many times as you need.

If you are using the GUI all of this can be done through the section hostname/DNS by clicking the button next domain-proxy and then adding a host entry at the bottom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

After adding that entry the entry appears as an "A" record NOT a SRV record.

How do I specify that record type?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Michael,

I'm sorry I misunderstood the question before.  Our routers do not support static SRV entries.  However if the entry is located somewhere else, we can populate our table with it if you query that DNS server for the SRV record.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and marked this post as "assumed answered".  Feel free to mark any correct or helpful answers from this post.  If you still need assistance with this issue I would be more than happy to help, just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi