cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiberopticcoffee
New Contributor III

LLDP Error: Adtran 3100 vs Cisco 1602i

Jump to solution

I am receiving the following LLDP error on my Adtran NetVanta 3120 and 3130 boxes:

-2013.10.26 13:15:47 LLDP LLDP:  Speed Duplex
mis-match on swx 0/2. Speed/Duplex:
"100M/full-duplex"   Neighbor Speed/Duplex: "1G/full-duplex"”

The neighbor device on port 2 is a Cisco 1602i wireless access point with CDP turned on.

Am I correct in assuming this is the same non-issue as https://supportforums.adtran.com/thread/3539 ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LLDP Error: Adtran 3100 vs Cisco 1602i

Jump to solution

:

I will be more than happy to review the debug for you, but most likely, as in almost all other cases, the error is related to what/how the end device is advertising its speed via LLDP.  You can disable LLDP on the ADTRAN by going to the port connected to the end device and issuing the no lldp send-and-receive command.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

In all likelihood.  If the "show interface" counters show expected negotiated speeds and don't show incrementing errors then it's the same cosmetic bug.  Probably wouldn't hurt to open a case on it, this bug hasn't been fixed for far too long.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for posting this in the support community.  Do you know if the Cisco is configured with LLDP or LLDP-MED?  The error is related to what/how the end device is advertising its speed via LLDP.  If you would like to reply with the output from the debug lldp verbose command, I will be happy to review it for you.

Levi

Jump to solution

The Cisco 1602i AP is just vanilla LLDP.

This error isn't service-affecting, but throws my provider's NOC techs for a loop every time they see the error.

Should be able to get the debugs off this box this week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I will be more than happy to review the debug for you, but most likely, as in almost all other cases, the error is related to what/how the end device is advertising its speed via LLDP.  You can disable LLDP on the ADTRAN by going to the port connected to the end device and issuing the no lldp send-and-receive command.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor