Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombelanger
New Contributor

NAT on XBOX 360

Jump to solution

Hi,

I know that it's not an usual question for this kind of router, but I use it for my office at home. It works well for my Voip linked with my office. Since I have this router, I can't get my xbox live connection work well. I tried several things and I always have a message saying my NAT type is not setted right on my xbox.Here's the links on how to resole this issue on simpler routers : Xbox NAT Type | Xbox 360 NAT Type | Xbox NAT Error - Xbox.com . Last this I tried is to forward ports they says but it does not work. If I telnet from outside for exemple on port 3074, I can see on my public interface the traffic going on my xbox's staitc IP, but I still having the problem.

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT on XBOX 360

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  There are a couple configurations that can be used to make this work in AOS devices.  I would recommend the command ip firewall nat-preserve-source-port record-source-address.

The ip firewall nat-preserve-source-port command enables the firewall to preserve the source port of a Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or User Datagram Protocol (UDP) session for traffic going through source network address translation (NAT). By enabling this feature, the router will try to allocate NAT ports that match the original source ports of the traffic. If the source port is already allocated for a different traffic flow, it will choose the next available source port.  Further, the record-source-address optional command specifies that the original source port be preserved for multiple TCP/UDP traffic flows with the same source address.

One thing to note is that specifying record-source-address consumes 250 k of memory per public NAT IP address. Be sure there is adequate memory available before enabling this feature.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  There are a couple configurations that can be used to make this work in AOS devices.  I would recommend the command ip firewall nat-preserve-source-port record-source-address.

The ip firewall nat-preserve-source-port command enables the firewall to preserve the source port of a Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or User Datagram Protocol (UDP) session for traffic going through source network address translation (NAT). By enabling this feature, the router will try to allocate NAT ports that match the original source ports of the traffic. If the source port is already allocated for a different traffic flow, it will choose the next available source port.  Further, the record-source-address optional command specifies that the original source port be preserved for multiple TCP/UDP traffic flows with the same source address.

One thing to note is that specifying record-source-address consumes 250 k of memory per public NAT IP address. Be sure there is adequate memory available before enabling this feature.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. It worked!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

As stated above, this command will change the NAT type from Strict to Moderate:

ip firewall nat-preserve-source-port record-source-address

If you need to change it to NAT type OPEN, static assign the IP on the XBOX 360 and create a port forward to it using this ACL:

ip access-list extended web-acl-5

remark XBOX

permit tcp any  any eq 3074   log

permit udp any  any eq 3074    log

permit udp any  any eq 88    log

How to configure port forwarding:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2890