cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nw_ray
New Contributor

Registering a PBX to a NV3140

Jump to solution

What I want to do is have the PBX register to the B2BUA (NV3140) and have the B2BUA register to our switch.  I found an article that says it is not possible, but it is four years old and I hope that it is out of date.  Looking through the AOS command guide does not provide clear guidelines as to if this is or is not possible.  I have been able to get the PBX to work via the NV3140, but it is not registered.

Old Doc.

https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/8837#8837

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nw_ray
New Contributor

Re: Registering a PBX to a NV3140

Jump to solution

I finally broke down and opened a support case and the response was incredibly simple (and verified as working). See below:

Our recommendation is to disable registration on the PBX as it doesn't provide any benefit.  If registration is a requirement, you can do the following

sip registrar

!

voice user 0000

connect sip

sip-authentication password <password>

It is critical that the voice user is not a valid phone number as that will cause call routing issues. The PBX would then register the user 0000.

Note that the WAN trunk registration is completely independent from the PBX's registration.

I tested both ways:

PBX not registered, calls work, no issues

PBX registered, works, no issues.

Hope this helps, if you need it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nw_ray
New Contributor

Re: Registering a PBX to a NV3140

Jump to solution

I finally broke down and opened a support case and the response was incredibly simple (and verified as working). See below:

Our recommendation is to disable registration on the PBX as it doesn't provide any benefit.  If registration is a requirement, you can do the following

sip registrar

!

voice user 0000

connect sip

sip-authentication password <password>

It is critical that the voice user is not a valid phone number as that will cause call routing issues. The PBX would then register the user 0000.

Note that the WAN trunk registration is completely independent from the PBX's registration.

I tested both ways:

PBX not registered, calls work, no issues

PBX registered, works, no issues.

Hope this helps, if you need it.