cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Traffic filtering on 3120

Jump to solution

I've got an end user with a 3120 that would like to be able to automatically rate limit SMTP traffic if it goes over a certain level. Is there any way to do this with this router? If not would it be possible to limit traffic during certain time periods such as on the weekends or afterhours?

Thanks

Jamie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Traffic filtering on 3120

Jump to solution

Jamie:

I apologize for the delayed response.  To apply these commands at certain times you can use a schedule to track a Tcl script.  The Tcl scripts would have the commands to issue/remove based on the schedule.  The Configuring Network Monitoring in AOS document will explain how to setup the schedule, and the Configuring TCL Scripting in AOS document will go over Tcl scripts.

Note: ADTRAN support does not troubleshoot Tcl scripts, but if you have trouble with Tcl maybe other Support Community members could assist you.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jamie:

Thank you for asking this question.

You can use the feature Enhanced Ethernet Quality of Service (EEQoS) to shape specific traffic.  This process is explained in greater detail in the Configuring Enhanced Ethernet Quality of Service in AOS document, but here is an overview:

1. Create QoS Map
  2. Apply Match Criteria
  3. Configure Traffic Shaping
  4. Configure the Interface
  5. Assign the QoS Map to the Interface

Here is an example configuration:

qos map SHAPE-SMTP 10

match list SMTP

shape average 1000000

!

ip access-list extended SMTP

permit tcp any  any eq smtp

!

interface eth 0/1

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0

qos-policy out SHAPE-SMTP

no shutdown

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post if you have any additional questions on this topic.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Levi,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there anyway to only apply this during certain times?

Thanks

Jamie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jamie:

I will get back to you on this by close of business tomorrow, but let me know if you have further questions on this before then.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jamie:

I apologize for the delayed response.  To apply these commands at certain times you can use a schedule to track a Tcl script.  The Tcl scripts would have the commands to issue/remove based on the schedule.  The Configuring Network Monitoring in AOS document will explain how to setup the schedule, and the Configuring TCL Scripting in AOS document will go over Tcl scripts.

Note: ADTRAN support does not troubleshoot Tcl scripts, but if you have trouble with Tcl maybe other Support Community members could assist you.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Levi again thanks for the quick response. I'll look into the TCL scripting and see if I can make this do what we need.

Thanks

Jamie