cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin_y
New Contributor

Netvanta 3200 web GUI gives 404 error

Jump to solution

Hi, I want to change the IP address of my Netvanta 3200.  I go into the web GUI of my 3200, click Data on the left, click IP interfaces, and I can see the current IP.  The page says, "View or edit the configuration of an interface by clicking its name."  But when I click the name ("bridge 1"), my browser gives me a 404 error.  I get the same error on Firefox or Internet Explorer.  Is there a solution?  I currently don't have the ability to use Telnet to change settings.  The technician who installed the 3200 for me three years ago used Telnet to set the IP.  I asked him how to do it in the web GUI and this is the method he showed me.  Is changing the IP of the device something only Telnet can do?  Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 3200 web GUI gives 404 error

Jump to solution

:

I have attached the config.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing.  Do you know what firmware version the NetVanta 3200 is on?  You can view this by navigating to System > System Summary > Firmware Version.  Depending on the software version, most likely if you upgrade, it will resolve the issue, but if you do not have that ability, then you can change the IP address in the command line via several different methods. 

When you get a chance, please reply with the firmware version, and if possible a copy of the current configuration (please remove any information from the company that is sensitive to the organization).  You can obtain this by navigating to Utilities > Configuration > Download.

Please, do not hesitate to reply to this post with any questions or additional information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

kevin_y
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Levi,

The firmware version is 17.06.01.00.  Where do I get the latest firmware?

Is there a way to change the IP at the command line without using telnet?  If so, please advise.

The configuration file is attached.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the requested configuration.  There are several ways to work around this issue which was resolved in a newer firmware revision.  The issue only applies to the web interface in your application and can be completed successfully in the command line.  So, you can do any of the following:

• Upgrade the firmware
  • Change the IP address in the configuration file, and upload the changes
    • If you send me a personal message with the complete configuration file, I will be happy to add the new IP address information to it and send it back to you so you can load it.
  • Log in to the unit via a Console connection (straight-through serial cable) and change the IP address

Let me know what you would like to do and if I can help in any way.

Levi

kevin_y
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Levi, attached is my config file.  I would like the new IP to be 192.168.2.40.  Please make the necessary changes, and let me know where you make the changes.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message was edited by: levi (I removed the configuration file, because it possibly contained sensitive information).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I sent you the configuration file with the IP address change via personal message.  To load the new configuration file navigate to the following: Utilities > Configuration > Browse (select the configuration file) > Upload

After the file has been loaded to the ADTRAN unit, you will have to reboot the unit (without saving) at your next scheduled maintenance window for the changes to take affect.  Then, after the unit reboots, you can login to the unit with the new IP address.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Levi

kevin_y
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Levi, I'm not getting your private message.  My profile doesn't have a private message section.  Do I need to add you as a friend first?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I have attached the config.

Levi

0 Kudos