cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_acdtele
New Contributor

Packet Loss and IP phone loss

Jump to solution

I have a netvanta 3200(remote unit) and netvanta 3305(main unit) that are connected through a Point to Point lease lined service, i have my networks and subnets plus my routing are correct to my understanding. My ip phones that are stationed on the remote site are talking to the network where the main PBX  is connected on the main site, I can make phone calls and communicate between the two networks at each site with no problems. 5-10 minutes into my phone call it loses connection between the networks, but my WAN P2P service is still up and working. My logging is telling that there is IP spoofing and and obviously i am having packet loss. I do not know how to determine where my errors are occuring, also where and how i can adjust/fix the issue. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Chris Hudson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Packet Loss and IP phone loss

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the main site configuration.  I have some recommendations.

• Remove the firewall from the remote configuration with the command no ip firewall
  • At the main location create an access-control list (ACL) that allows site-to-site traffic through the firewall, statelessly, without NATing in the private policy-class (I have provided an example configuration of the ACL as well as how the the policy-class will look after it has been added):

ip access-list extended SITE-TO-SITE

permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255

ip policy-class Private

allow list self self

allow list SITE-TO-SITE stateless

nat source list wizard-ics interface eth 0/1 overload

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply with any questions or additional information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  If you get a chance, will you reply with the current configuration of both of the ADTRAN units (please, remember to remove any information that is sensitive to the organization)?  Also please feel free to reply with any additional information or questions.

Levi

Jump to solution

Config. one attached.

Message was edited by: levi (Removed configuration and added as attachment)

Jump to solution

Config. two attached.

Jump to solution

I have the 3305 on the main site connected to ISP through eth 0/1 and routing to a dhcp server coming off of eth 0/2. I also have my T1 ip bridge to the T1 ip on a 3200 at a remote site that is connected though T1 leased lines through ISP. At the remote site i have ip phones that are connected to a PBX server at the main site, They are able to communicate, but the phones will lose the network connection for a split second and reboot network connections. every 10 mins or so. I am also trying to pass through internet from the main site to remote site. My computer will get internet connection but not able to surf the internet. Are these packet losses, or are they blocked ports on the router(if so which router)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the configurations.  There are several problems I see with the configurations.  You mentioned in both of your posts that you have a 3305 and a 3200, but in the configurations you attached both units are NetVanta 3200s.  Did you attach the right configurations? 

For point-to-point T1 applications, there are extremely rare situations where you should have the firewall and NAT enabled between the locations, do you have a specific reason to be NATing traffic sent across the T1 to the main site, and to have the firewall enabled on a private point-to-point link?  Typically, I would recommend removing the firewall, because based on your symptoms, it sounds like something might be blocked.  However, I noticed that the configurations you sent are virtually identical, so please reply with the main site NV3305 configuration when you get a chance, and I will be happy to review it for you.

Levi

Jump to solution

Here are the main site configs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the main site configuration.  I have some recommendations.

• Remove the firewall from the remote configuration with the command no ip firewall
  • At the main location create an access-control list (ACL) that allows site-to-site traffic through the firewall, statelessly, without NATing in the private policy-class (I have provided an example configuration of the ACL as well as how the the policy-class will look after it has been added):

ip access-list extended SITE-TO-SITE

permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255

ip policy-class Private

allow list self self

allow list SITE-TO-SITE stateless

nat source list wizard-ics interface eth 0/1 overload

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply with any questions or additional information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My next question is where do i configure the NAT source list?

How are you, hope all is well.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Chris Hudson

Message was edited by: levi (Removed Contact Information)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

If you follow the suggestions above, the NAT statement is already on the Private policy-class at the main location, and therefore, will not need to be modified.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor