cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmh-tech
New Contributor

Support Vouchers - what will I get?

Jump to solution

I have to buy support vouchers to get any help with my adtran unit.  What type of help will I actually get from support using the vouchers.  Can they give me command line info to retrieve info and then program the other adtran?  What if I work with them on one end of the circuit for 45 min. Then drive 45 min to the other end.  Did I just waste 45 min of my voucher time by driving to other site?   I am looking for support to help with retrieve info from what I think is a good unit so I can program a new unit.  Nobody has info on how it WAS programmed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Support Vouchers - what will I get?

Jump to solution

A Professional Service Voucher (PSV) provides pre-scheduled time with an engineer for certain ADTRAN products that are out of warranty, or not covered by a ProCare service plan.  Other than to reach the 2 PSV minimum per event (1 hour), the Product Support Engineer will not decrement your PSV balance unless he or she is actively working with you, or on your issue.  Although ADTRAN cannot guarantee the outcome, if you have a working ADTRAN product, yes, our engineer will likely be able to help you access the current configuration, and help you with the configuration of the other.  Purchase at least 2 PSVs (www.adtran.com/psv), then open a support case (www.adtran.com/opencase) and provide the PSV voucher numbers, plus some good times to schedule the work. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

A Professional Service Voucher (PSV) provides pre-scheduled time with an engineer for certain ADTRAN products that are out of warranty, or not covered by a ProCare service plan.  Other than to reach the 2 PSV minimum per event (1 hour), the Product Support Engineer will not decrement your PSV balance unless he or she is actively working with you, or on your issue.  Although ADTRAN cannot guarantee the outcome, if you have a working ADTRAN product, yes, our engineer will likely be able to help you access the current configuration, and help you with the configuration of the other.  Purchase at least 2 PSVs (www.adtran.com/psv), then open a support case (www.adtran.com/opencase) and provide the PSV voucher numbers, plus some good times to schedule the work. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That brings up another question.  How far in advance do I have to request support?  Can I purchase vouchers today and ask for support for tomorrow some time between 11am - 2pm  to START working with support?  And is there a number that will be given to call when tech is on site?   And once he calls, how long is the wait to talk to someone.   Just need the info to plan our day for jobs.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You will need to open a case to find out when a product support engineer who is trained on the product you have is available to work with you. All scheduling is based on support engineer availability and should be scheduled as early as possible to accommodate a desired appointment window.  Once we schedule the engineer, that's your time slot and our engineer works with you for that hour (or more) that you scheduled.  If you need two appointments - one at one location and one at another, be sure to make that clear to the engineer, and purchase at least 4 PSVs (1 hour per appointment/event).  Our engineers work on a callback system, so they can plan to call you at the appointment time.  If you miss that call, you will dial into our call center, and they will update the case to request that the engineer make another attempt to contact you. Once they have moved on to another case, there might be a wait.