cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_acdtele
New Contributor

netvana 3305 as a WAN router

I have installed a netvanta 3305 on my main site and i want to connect it up to my ISP router through my eth 0/1 port, i have my WAN ip address and netmask and gateway which i tested on a simple WAN router, i also want my eth 0/2 port to send out a local subnet of 192.168.0.0 to my devices which can grab internet as well, i know i need to bridge the WAN to the LAN subnet through the routing table which i know little to nothing on how to do so. Does anyone know how to use the routing table to set up a WAN connection through eth 0/1 and then send out internet on a subnet through eth 0/2? Please Help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: netvana 3305 as a WAN router

- Thanks for posting your questionon the forum!

I may be incorrect, but it sounds like you will have your internet connection coming into your WAN port (eth 0/1) and your devices will be connected via the LAN port (eth 0/2). If this is the case, there are a few things you will want to configure:

- Route table: You will need to configure a default route. This route will have destination network of 0.0.0.0 and a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. Your next-hop or gateway IP will be the IP address of the LAN port of your ISP router. This will be all you need to configure on the AOS router as fall as the route table goes.

- Firewall: You can simply go through the firewall wizard to get this configured. Essentially you will need to configure a source NAT for your devices on your private network to get out to the internet.

- DHCP: This will enable the NetVanta to hand out IP addresses to your devices with the appropriate settings. You can find instructions on how to set this up in this article:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if I misunderstood your application or if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

So i have the route of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 with the next hop of my isp router which  is 209.119.61.145 and i plug in my WAN cabke from isp to eth 0/1 and my eth 0/2 hands out dhcp of a subnet 192.168.0.0 which i have the 0.0.0.0 routed to that subnet as well and i no internet off my dhcp addresses.

How are you, hope all is well.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Chris Hudson

Acd Telecommunications

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris,

It sounds like you did not set up NAT on the NetVanta 3305. The NAT allows privately addressed clients to traverse the internet by translating the source IP address to a public IP. Probably the easiest way to do this is to go through the "Firewall Wizard" in the GUI. The following video explains how to set it up: Video Link : 1043

If you have done this step and are still having issues. Please reply to this post with your configuration file. (Remember to edit out any information that may be sensitive to your network.) Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

thank you it was very helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable

- I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor