cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to connect a 1638 to a 3448 with a backup ring?

Jump to solution

All,

I have a client that will be getting a 3448 enhanced.

Eth 0/1 will be on Time Warner Fiber 10mb up/dwn. ( used for primary ).

Eth 0/2 will WindStream ethernet 1.5/mb. ( used for failover ).

We are wanting to connect it to a 1638 switch.

I was talking to a field engineer and he stated to use on of the switch ports on the 3448 and assign it an IP address. 

I am confused I do not see where one can do this on the 3448 on one of the eight switch-ports.

Am I missing something?

What would be the most optimal way to connect the 1638 to the 3448 without losing failover capability?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anchor
New Contributor III

Re: Best way to connect a 1638 to a 3448 with a backup ring?

Jump to solution

Stanoc,

You would need to use vlan1 or create a new vlan. Create an interface on the vlan. Then assign Ports to be members of the vlan... You can add a security zone, nat rules, etc to that new interface

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anchor
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Stanoc,

You would need to use vlan1 or create a new vlan. Create an interface on the vlan. Then assign Ports to be members of the vlan... You can add a security zone, nat rules, etc to that new interface

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank You for the thought.

anchor
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

No problem.  Let me know if you need an example or more detail.  Here is some documentation on vlans:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor