cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can an email notification be sent upon a probe failure?

Jump to solution

We are quoting a solution using network monitoring and the customer would like to know if they can recieve an email notification when the probe fails and a tracked route is removed.  Possible?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can an email notification be sent upon a probe failure?

Jump to solution

danb:

Thank you for asking this question.  Yes, the mail agent feature of the AOS provides a method of adding email notification to any AOS feature. The mail agent is configured through the command line interface (CLI) and operates with any AOS feature that has configuration or show commands.  The mail agent captures output from specified commands and emails them to a specified address in the body of an email message. Email messages are created when a specified event occurs, and are mailed on a specified schedule. Multiple mail agents can be configured and used at one time.

Further information about the specific configuration requirements for your question as well as additional detailed information on the various features of the mail agent can be obtained from the Configuring the E-Mail Agent in AOS document. 

Please, let me know if you have questions.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

danb:

Thank you for asking this question.  Yes, the mail agent feature of the AOS provides a method of adding email notification to any AOS feature. The mail agent is configured through the command line interface (CLI) and operates with any AOS feature that has configuration or show commands.  The mail agent captures output from specified commands and emails them to a specified address in the body of an email message. Email messages are created when a specified event occurs, and are mailed on a specified schedule. Multiple mail agents can be configured and used at one time.

Further information about the specific configuration requirements for your question as well as additional detailed information on the various features of the mail agent can be obtained from the Configuring the E-Mail Agent in AOS document. 

Please, let me know if you have questions.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

danb:

I have marked this post as "assumed answered," but do not hesitate to reply to this thread if you have further questions on this topic.  I will be happy to help.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Levi!   This is for a quoted solution but will give it a try on our test bench.