cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Favorite source of IPv6 training, info?

Jump to solution

Okay, I'm starting to become embarrassed as more and more of my colleagues begin to strike up conversation about IPv6, ways they're implementing and how cool they are for knowing all about it.  Now that I took a first step by watching a (great) 2009 primer by Dr. Early, SUNY Oswego...

...I'm becoming severely interested in learning more.  Configuring IPv6 in AOS is great because it spells out the main features of the next-gen protocol--something of a primer itself--and introduces the reader to how it's handled by AOS.

What are good next steps?  Anyone have a favorite video, site, course, article or other reference that you like to tell people about?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Favorite source of IPv6 training, info?

Jump to solution

cj,

Thank you for sharing this.  Knowledge sharing is certainly something we want to encourage in the ADTRAN Support Community.

We just posted an updated version to today.  I also wanted to point out that the release notes are a good reference for new IPv6 functionality.  The key ones to look at are , , and .  

You may get more responses and views on this post if you move it into one of the product spaces under .

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

cj,

Thank you for sharing this.  Knowledge sharing is certainly something we want to encourage in the ADTRAN Support Community.

We just posted an updated version to today.  I also wanted to point out that the release notes are a good reference for new IPv6 functionality.  The key ones to look at are , , and .  

You may get more responses and views on this post if you move it into one of the product spaces under .

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

cj,

I forgot to note the changes from the previous version of the IPv6 guide:

1. Support for DHCPv6 server (limited)

2. Support for IPv6-Aware HTTP Server

3. IPv6 DNS Support

4. IPv6 Host Mode for AOS Switches

These new features are noted in the release notes, but I wanted to call them out so you would know the major changes.

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Wow, that's a lot.  Looks like strong development effort in this area!