Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matge
New Contributor II

HPPT HTTPS outgoing redirection to web appliance

Jump to solution

Hi,

i would like to know how to setup in NV3448, redirect traffic to web appliance :

Operation

• Users make HTTP/HTTPS requests from their clients that are sent out to the LAN.
  • The router receives all network traffic and bounces all HTTP/HTTPS requests to the Web Appliance.
  • The Web Appliance assesses URLs, blocks disallowed requests, checks if allowed URL requests are currently cached, and passes URL requests that are not cached out to the LAN.
  • The router passes all HTTP/HTTPS requests from the Web Appliance out through the firewall to retrieve the URLs from the internet .
  • The Web Appliance receives the new pages or files and caches them; it passes the pages or files of allowed requests back to the users .
  • The users receive only safe and allowed pages and files or a notification page.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HPPT HTTPS outgoing redirection to web appliance

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  The diagram and explanation you provided is very helpful.  I believe the Configuring Policy Based Routing in AOS guide explains this application in the configuration examples (Example 2. starting on page 22).  There is an explanation, as well as a configuration example, but if after reviewing it, please do not hesitate to reply to this post if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  The diagram and explanation you provided is very helpful.  I believe the Configuring Policy Based Routing in AOS guide explains this application in the configuration examples (Example 2. starting on page 22).  There is an explanation, as well as a configuration example, but if after reviewing it, please do not hesitate to reply to this post if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Do you have any further questions on this post?  If so, please do not hesitate to reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi