cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrtech
New Contributor

NAT DHCP FIREWALL CONFIG

Jump to solution

I'd like to use my 3430 to use LAN addresses 192.168.2.1-254 and one WAN address.  Right now it's configured to give out 9 addresses all in the range of the WAN address.  I had someone from Adtran set it up last time as we were just using it for video conferencing using 1 or 2 addresses.  In my eyes, I'd like to use it like a "normal" router.  I'm sure I need to give more info, but if someone can help me out or understands what I'm trying to accomplish please let me know if you can help. 

Long story short we are using Time Warner for all other computers in our office that runs thru a Trendnet router and the T1 connection for video conferencing only.  We'd like to get rid of Time Warner and use the T1 for all traffic, so I'll need to configure port-forwarding for several devices.  My main goal is to get the Adtran set up to give out addresses in the 192.168.2.1-254 (like the Trendnet did) range so I don't need to reconfigure all my other devices when I switch it over to all on the T1.

Thanks

edited:

I've been thinking it may be easier to just move my trendnet router on to the adtran and DMZ the IP address of the trendnet, does the 3430 have a DMZ-like setup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAT DHCP FIREWALL CONFIG

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  It sounds like you would like to remove the Trendnet router and use the ADTRAN as the Internet router, as well as the DHCP server.  There are several ways you can achieve this.

Here is a video on Configuring Internet Access (Many to one NAT) with the Firewall Wizard in AOS.  Following this walk-through wizard video, you will be able to setup the ADTRAN unit to use the T1 as the Internet connection.  Furthermore, the Configuring T1 and E1 Internet Access in AOS has detailed information on setting up the T1, firewall, and IP addressing in written form.

Here is a post on how to setup DHCP (it also links the DHCP guide):  How do you set up a DHCP pool?

Finally, this post has information on setting up a T1 and assigning public IP addresses for Internet access (for reference):  Re: Basic T1 Setup with AdTran Router

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  It sounds like you would like to remove the Trendnet router and use the ADTRAN as the Internet router, as well as the DHCP server.  There are several ways you can achieve this.

Here is a video on Configuring Internet Access (Many to one NAT) with the Firewall Wizard in AOS.  Following this walk-through wizard video, you will be able to setup the ADTRAN unit to use the T1 as the Internet connection.  Furthermore, the Configuring T1 and E1 Internet Access in AOS has detailed information on setting up the T1, firewall, and IP addressing in written form.

Here is a post on how to setup DHCP (it also links the DHCP guide):  How do you set up a DHCP pool?

Finally, this post has information on setting up a T1 and assigning public IP addresses for Internet access (for reference):  Re: Basic T1 Setup with AdTran Router

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi