cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NIM Serial Number

Jump to solution

Is there a command that will show you the serial number of any NIM's installed in a NetVanta router?

I know 'show version' shows the device serial but I can't seem to find anything that gives me the serial of any installed cards.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NIM Serial Number

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  It depends on the chassis, firmware version, and the modules installed, but the show modules command may show detailed information about the installed modules.  However, typically to view the serial number of a module you will have to physically look at the sticker attached to the bottom of the module.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  It depends on the chassis, firmware version, and the modules installed, but the show modules command may show detailed information about the installed modules.  However, typically to view the serial number of a module you will have to physically look at the sticker attached to the bottom of the module.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just wanted to add to this post that there is a document explaining where to find serial numbers.  It can be found here:

Locating ADTRAN Serial Numbers

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was hoping there was a way to see the serial of a NIM from the command line but it doesn't appear that there is. On a Cisco the 'show inventory' command will give you the serial of the installed WIC's. It seems the only way to fond the serial is to pull the NIM out of the router and look at the sticker.

Thanks for the replies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor