cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zorper
New Contributor

Need SIP SBC example config for 3430

Jump to solution

We're looking to use the 3430 to normalize SIP traffic for SIP Trunk.  Any kind if IP PBX could be used, so I'm looking for one example configuration that I can learn and adapt from.  I have read the "Session Border Controllers in AOS", "Configuring Media Anchoring in AOS", "Configuring the SIP Proxy in AOS" and "Configuring IP interfaces for SIP in AOS IPBGs" documents and searched these forums, but I have not found an example that ties it all together.

If anyone is using the 3430 as a pure SIP SBC can you please post up a config?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need SIP SBC example config for 3430

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community, and for taking time to reference the configuration documents you listed.  I have attached a sample configuration for a NetVanta 3430, running SBC firmware, below.  This is a very basic configuration example with B2BUA and Media-anchoring functionality.

I hope that is what you are looking for, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Message was edited by: levi (added firewall configuration for NAT, as requested)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community, and for taking time to reference the configuration documents you listed.  I have attached a sample configuration for a NetVanta 3430, running SBC firmware, below.  This is a very basic configuration example with B2BUA and Media-anchoring functionality.

I hope that is what you are looking for, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Message was edited by: levi (added firewall configuration for NAT, as requested)

0 Kudos
zorper
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks I'll start working on that.  If I also wanted to run non-SIP data traffic over the 3430 by using a  NAT, what would I add to the above configuration that would not interfere with the B2BUA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I modified the previous configuration to include the firewall/NAT configuration.  I removed the "pasted" version above and attached it so the post will be easier to read in the future.

Levi

zorper
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks much, that appears to have solved my problem.  My last question is that if I wanted to use this configuration as Ethernet to Ethernet instead of Ethernet to T1?   Would I configure both Ethernet interfaces and put the "media-gateway ip primary"
in each?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That is correct. Just configure both Ethernet interfaces. The WAN facing Ethernet interface would have the PUBLIC policy class applied and both interfaces would be configured with media-gateway ip primary.

Thanks,

Eric

zorper
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks Eric.  I'll configure it the way we discussed and post up here if there are any problems.