Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: Netvanta 3430 DHCP Relay

Jump to solution

Let me elaborate on that a little. If you have a matching pool (same network and subnet), then that would present a problem. I’m not sure what scenario would require that though. Ideally, only have pools for the network you want to provide DHCP on.

An example would be that you have two networks (VLAN 1 and VLAN 2). You want to provide DHCP for VLAN 2, but relay for VLAN 1. Only maintain dhcp pool for that network on the router.

ip dhcp pool voice

Network 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 192.168.2.1

dns-server 8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2

domain-name mynetwork.voice

Interface vlan 1

description Data LAN

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

access-policy Private

ip dhcp relay destination 192.168.1.100 (address of DHCP server)

no shutdown

Interface vlan 2

Description Voice LAN

ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

access-policy Private

no shutdown

New Contributor II

Jump to solution

No, thank you very much.  I understood exactly what you were saying.  We have a DATA vlan and a VOICE vlan.  We want to continue to have the voice gateway (DHCP pool and SVI) on the router but we want to take the DATA DHCP off of that router (remove the pool) and relay it to a different location.  Based on what I had tried before, it seemed to be impossible on an Adtran, but it looks like it's doable according to this new command (which I didn't know about).  I'm going to test this out today... I hope the AOS I'm using supports it.  Your example above fits my situation perfectly.  I understand everything else about the configuration, I just didn't know that command existed.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Jump to solution

I’ve used this setting a lot in installations I do. Usually, my customer has a DHCP server on their network, but I want to control DHCP for my voice installation. I configure the Adtran router or switch to provide DHCP for the voice, and relay for the data network. Works pretty well.

R\

0 Kudos