cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodel
New Contributor

Point to Point errors

We have a main site and several remote sites connected by point to point T1 circuits. the main site has a Netvanta 4430, remote sites are 3448's. One of the remote sites which has 2 T1's bound and connected back to the main site is showing ES and CSS errors and i cannot tell why? I've checked and compared the configs for our other sites that are using the same routers with basically the same configs but don't see anything different that could be causing this? All the T1's at the main site are set to clock  internally. The remote site is set to through on one T1 and line on the other. When i swap the clocking on the T1's the errors follow the T1 with the clocking set to Through. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Point to Point errors

Are both of the T1s feeding the remote site connected to the same module at the main site? If not, reconfigure the main site so that all T1s feeding a single remote site are fed from the same module.

Also try setting the clocking on the remote site to line on both T1s if possible.

woodel
New Contributor

Re: Point to Point errors

Thanks jayh. Actually no they aren't on the same module on the main router. Yes it looks like i'll have to do some re configuring on that main site. Thanks for the direction. Once I've completed that and verified no errors i'll mark as answered.