cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilwyo
New Contributor

Router Set-up to allow video server access via port forwarding?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a netvanta 3420 router that was already installed in the business I was hired to manage. I need to allow the owner to access the video server through the internet. So he may log in and watch everyone from out of the office. to make things more complicated, we have a wifi radio link to the old shop that has vpn running through it as well. I have been trying to get the port forwarding set up so we can maintane the remote access we have now to the Adtran router, but also to the video server (through a different port?). everything that I have tried has not allow me to accomplish this and this is step before calling into Adtran and have someone try to walk me through it.

Help

Thank you.

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Router Set-up to allow video server access via port forwarding?

Jump to solution

Jeff - Thanks for posting your question on the forum.

The links listed below give step by step instructions on how to set up a port forward on a device running AOS, such as your NetVanta 3430.

[video] Configuring Port Forwarding in AOS

Based on your post, it sounds like you have an already functional firewall configured on the 3430 that you will need to add the port forward to. One thing you will need to be careful of is that the port forward is specific enough so that it does not interfere with the rules that already exist. Keep in mind that the AOS firewall works in a "top-down" manner. This means when traffic is checked against the firewall, it will go through the rules starting from the top. If it finds a match, it will not check the rest of the rules. For this reason, you want to make sure your most specific rules are at the top of the security zone.

I would be more than happy to review your configuration and provide more detailed instructions if you would like. Please remember to remove any information from your configuration that may be sensitive to your network. Also, it would be helpful to know the ports that you would like forward as well.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jeff - Thanks for posting your question on the forum.

The links listed below give step by step instructions on how to set up a port forward on a device running AOS, such as your NetVanta 3430.

[video] Configuring Port Forwarding in AOS

Based on your post, it sounds like you have an already functional firewall configured on the 3430 that you will need to add the port forward to. One thing you will need to be careful of is that the port forward is specific enough so that it does not interfere with the rules that already exist. Keep in mind that the AOS firewall works in a "top-down" manner. This means when traffic is checked against the firewall, it will go through the rules starting from the top. If it finds a match, it will not check the rest of the rules. For this reason, you want to make sure your most specific rules are at the top of the security zone.

I would be more than happy to review your configuration and provide more detailed instructions if you would like. Please remember to remove any information from your configuration that may be sensitive to your network. Also, it would be helpful to know the ports that you would like forward as well.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Jump to solution

Visit Belkin Router Firmware Update, they have the full guide for router set-up to allow video server access via port forwarding. They provide you the better solution rathar than I give you.