Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matge
New Contributor II

VPN and active directory on 3448

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I setup a Shrewsoft vpn connection, i can reach the network, but for more security, is it possible for each vpn user, to be authenticated by windows active directory with they username & password ?

thanks

Marc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VPN and active directory on 3448

Jump to solution

If you configure IAS (Internet Authentication Service) on a domain member server, you can use RADIUS authentication for the VPN users.  Shrewsoft cannot pull the credentials from the active user profile, but the 3448 can authenticate against Active Directory through IAS.

It works fine on mine.

Configure IAS

ias.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you configure IAS (Internet Authentication Service) on a domain member server, you can use RADIUS authentication for the VPN users.  Shrewsoft cannot pull the credentials from the active user profile, but the 3448 can authenticate against Active Directory through IAS.

It works fine on mine.

Configure IAS

ias.png

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor