cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbardsley
New Contributor

Will this MPLS w/failover VPN and Traffic design work?

Jump to solution

OK, got a project dropped into my lap and dont normally handle this much of the WAN setup, but the customer has no one, and the powers to be sold it, lol.  So I have 7 sites all in rural parts of texas that are going to tied togetther via an ATT MPLS, each site gets 1.5Mg, and the Main gets 3Mg, we will be using this for there RDP terminals and SIP phones, all with QOS.  There will be internet pointed into the MPLS, 3Mg via cloud, and will be used to bring in only the SIP trunks and failover traffic from a down site.  We are going to be placing HughesNet Satalitte systems at each location for there Internet traffic, and in case a MPLS link goies down, want to failover to an IPSEC VPN to the cloud MPLS internet keep the RDP traffic up.  Will the NetVanta 3448 with VPN do this, and how hard is this going to be to setup.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this MPLS w/failover VPN and Traffic design work?

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Based on the description, the NetVanta 3448 should not have any trouble with this application; however, if you would like to talk about different design options and applications, I recommend talking to ADTRAN's pre-sales applications engineers.  Also, the Configuring VPN Based WAN Failover in AOS guide, may assist you in this setup.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Based on the description, the NetVanta 3448 should not have any trouble with this application; however, if you would like to talk about different design options and applications, I recommend talking to ADTRAN's pre-sales applications engineers.  Also, the Configuring VPN Based WAN Failover in AOS guide, may assist you in this setup.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional information or questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor