cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nativepdx
New Contributor II

qos traffic marked?

Jump to solution

Adtran document states "By default, AOS voice products will tag generated RTP with DSCP 46" .

Does that infer that any RTP traffic that is handled by the router gets marked? OR only RTP traffic that originated on another Adtran device?

AND on Map Conversion Statistics - Dropped Packets   does this report matched packets dropped or ANY packets dropped to accomodate qos map prioritized traffic?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: qos traffic marked?

Jump to solution

:

The output I was referring to with the show qos map interface <slot/port> CLI command is displayed in the web interface under "Map Conversation Statistics."  The "Dropped Packets" indicate there was congestion on the interface where the QoS map is applied, which forced packets matching that QoS sequence queue to be dropped.

Furthermore, please, use the priority unlimited command with extreme caution as it could prevent vital Layer 2 traffic from being processed. A network outage could occur when excessive priority traffic is present and consumes all of the available bandwidth on the interface.

I hope that makes sense, but please let me know what questions you have.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.

The statement you are referring to is related to AOS voice products that generate their own RTP.  This does not include RTP packets that are simply passing through an AOS unit.

Can you provide additional information about which QoS statistic you are referencing?  Are you asking about the "packets dropped" output from the show qos map interface <slot/port> command?  I will be happy to explain the statistics as best I can.

Please, do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.

Levi

Levi

nativepdx
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Levi,

I was actually referring to Map Conversation Statistics dropped packets(bytes) .  the QOS map I built has unlimited priority bandwidth so I wondered if I saw dropped packets would they be a match to the map or would they be other lower priority packets. 

thanks

mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

The output I was referring to with the show qos map interface <slot/port> CLI command is displayed in the web interface under "Map Conversation Statistics."  The "Dropped Packets" indicate there was congestion on the interface where the QoS map is applied, which forced packets matching that QoS sequence queue to be dropped.

Furthermore, please, use the priority unlimited command with extreme caution as it could prevent vital Layer 2 traffic from being processed. A network outage could occur when excessive priority traffic is present and consumes all of the available bandwidth on the interface.

I hope that makes sense, but please let me know what questions you have.

Levi

0 Kudos
nativepdx
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Levi,

my qos map simply gives unlimited bandwidth to any packets with a match to a destination IP network. This would be the network of the SIP trunk server. Would this in any way mark packets that would be seen by the broadband provider?

mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

By default, the ADTRAN unit will honor QoS settings (DSCP/IP Precedence) and will not mark anything.  If you need to manipulate the QoS settings, you can do this with the set command.

This information can be found in the Configuring QoS in AOS document.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor